Festivals are the only events globally that bring people together with celebrations and positivity all around. Since the year 2020 has all gone in the pandemic, the only positive thing it did is to bring the family together, which made events celebrations full of joy, even though you have to stay back at home.
You, being an online seller, had a lot to explore and increase your creativity during this time. Events in 2020 have shown enhancement at various online e-commerce platforms. Especially on Etsy, there has been an increase in online sales by $10.28 Billion and around 90 Million buyers.
You have a list of upcoming events and celebrations ahead. Prepare your Etsy and Shopify Store to meet your buyers’ needs and welcome new buyers to your store.
Marketing Strategy Plan: Delight Your Buyers Through Your Etsy Store.
Having an Etsy Store is already an exciting thing in itself for creative sellers like you. Many of you also have Shopify stores running in sync with Etsy, which increases the possibility of your business growth twice.
Celebrations and festive events are the time when businesses start to rise both in terms of buyers and have lots of opportunities to grow. You can increase your sales by planning various marketing strategies before the upcoming events. You should update yourselves with the dates and the event details in advance. When you know it prior, you can easily plan out what and how to do your sale when the occasion is near.
Having a proper marketing strategy lets your buyers know what products your store has, what discounts and coupons you are providing, etc. You even get a chance to redirect your Etsy customers towards your Shopify stores by satisfying them with your products.
Get your stores ready for these Upcoming Events in 2021:-
World Environment Day
For so long humans have been exploiting nature, the emergence of Covid-19 has shown the scary picture of a declining ecosystem. Now is the time to take a few responsible steps to save Mother Earth. Your little efforts will surely bring big changes in a positive way. World Environment Day is celebrated on 5th June every year, Let us promise to bring immense responsibility for nature.
Selling Ideas For You
World Environment day comes up with more opportunities to sell products that are nature friendly—selling products that follow the concept of promoting to keep the environment safe and an excellent place to live. If you are already owning an Etsy store or starting a store on Etsy, you can add some products from the ideas below that are much in demand.
- Some DIY products such as handmade jewelry, decors following the theme of environment.
- Handcrafted Frames with Environment-friendly Quotes in them.
- Novels that convey messages about the ecosystem, saving Earth, and around the same topic.
- Seeds/ Plants for home decor and gardening.
- Disposable Party utilities made of biodegradable material.
- Stickers nature theme based
- POD products such as T-shirts, Mugs with a message related to nature printed on it.
You can have some more products combining your creativity with these ideas.
If you have not yet planned anything, you can do now, spill your creativity on your products to sell on Etsy.
The Best Strategy To Market Etsy Store
You are done with listing creative products to your store, but now you need to imply some marketing strategies to let your buyer know what you are selling. Involve various creative ideas in your strategies, to make your store visible and alluring. Let’s share some tips.
- You must practice mentioning some details in support of your products, which increases the authenticity of it. For example, mentioning that the product is animal cruelty-free, signs, and symbols of Biodegradable and environment-friendly on the packaging of products.
- You can be very creative in mailing to your existing customers. At least a week before you can shoot a mail to them that you have made your Etsy store ready for the Environment day themed products with some discount or offers. You shall also convey an environment-related message in support of it
- Social media is the platform where people find a way to know you. You can use Etsy’s social media marketing strategy by creating an urge to save Mother Earth. You can do this by caption and image postings with links to your store.
- You can share your customer’s real stories if they did something for nature, shared with you.
Father’s day is a celebration of fatherhood and unconditional love that are less expressed. He is a pillar of a family; his immense love and protection for the family need to honor. Before 20th June You shall be ready with the surprises and products for fathers and father-like.
Best Selling Products For Dads
Father’s Day is coming near, which means it is the correct time to plan out your Etsy store for it. You can come up with more creative ideas applied to your products. You have the opportunity to make your buyer’s celebration more fiesta. Let’s hop on some ideas for you.
- Frames with Quotation on Daddy, along with some relatable designs
- Painting of Dad-Daughter/Son duo, with wishes imprinted
- Customized Bracelets, pens, and handkerchiefs
- Multi-purpose stand, to keep a pen, phone, and diary.
- Customized T-shirts for father and kid
- Coffee mugs
- Keyrings with father’s name or photo.
- Father’s day gift box with many utility items in it.
Let’s Do Their Marketing
You can use various tricks to promote your store, the best Etsy marketing strategy will let you shine more. Father’s Day is a symbol of immense love by a father for his kids. Everyone tries their best to celebrate this day. You can shower lots of fun activities along with the products for your old and new buyers. Good marketing will make your brand famous among people. Grab some examples here.
- You can set a countdown at your Shopify and Etsy store, which informs the time left for the sale you will be flowing.
- Run a winning contest for Father-son/daughter duo for the most unique talent, the winner would be getting a gift hamper from your store side.
- Send mails to your buyers and recommend them some new launches on the occasion of Father’s day. The first 5 buyers redirected through the mail will get two items at one’s price.
- Once the order is placed, you can attach a father’s day greeting card with the package.
- Ask your customers to share their reviews on products on social media, tagging your store.
- Create a “Father’s Day Special” category for your store and highlight it well.
USA Independence Day
Every year USA Independence Day is celebrated on 4th July 2021. Unlike 2020 which Covid-19 captured, this year is more lovely and safe. This Independence Day, since vaccination is growing at a fast pace so hopefully, people over there acquire the freedom to roam around fearlessly.
Creative Things To Sell On Etsy
There could be various creative things to sell on Etsy on different occasions, but you have to be very selective about events like Independence Day. Mostly your products will be patriotic theme-based, in flag color, and another theme on legends of the nations. Many Americans celebrate the event with parades, barbeques, and fireworks. Make sure that your listings should be somewhere around this. Get some examples from the items that sell the most.
- Masks with flag print
- T-shirts and other clothing with camouflage print and patriotic theme
- Sunglasses painted with the flag color.
- Handbags with patriotic quotes
- POD products on prior order
- Cupcakes in a combination of blue, white, and red color.
- Create fancy dresses for parades
- Pen stand with a flag
Promote Your Store Like This
You can fill your store with products based on nation love, flag color, army, and motivation for citizens. But, if you want to reach your buyers or fetch new buyers, you need to advertise and market them well. Get some ideas for strategies you can amend.
- You may create a combo of any item with U.S Flag
- You can provide free shipping for at least 10 days before 4th July.
- Some Quotes by the freedom fighters and leaders in a frame. This can be gifted to a buyer with more purchases.
- Send a mail with a newsletter on remembrance of the day, and links of your store.
- With every order before Independence Day, you can attach a flag badge to your customers ‘ wishes.
A day of the unbreakable bond is celebrated on the first Sunday of August every year. This year it will be on 1st August 2021. Friendship is one of the most valuable things on earth, where the bond is so pure and strong despite not having a blood relation. Celebration is essential.
What Your Sellers Are Seeking
Friendship Day is celebrated with lots of fun and excitement by every age group. It is the best time to grab an opportunity for you to be a part of your buyer’s celebration. You can help them with providing varieties for their friends they want to gift. Plan your listings much before the day so that you may fulfill the demands of many. Find out some ideas that you may add to your store.
- Personalized Mugs with names, picture, or cartoon printed on it
- Friendship Day special Locket in chain
- Personalized photo Scrapbook
- Some creative gifts like, “certificate of being a good friend” printed and framed.
- Paintings on pebbles
- Wooden block with the photograph that buyer provides to you.
How To Market Your Store And Listings
Many of your buyers are not near to their friends, but the celebration should never get affected by this. You shall provide various ways to connect your buyers with their friends. Even though you have come up with many things to sell on the Etsy store, you should also conduct some fun activities and other strategies to highlight your store. Find some suggestions.
- You can send welcome E-mails by attaching a link to redirect buyers to your store. Starting with wishing to your buyers and informing them about your store and what you are selling.
- Notify your buyers that if they purchase for their friends from the gift section of your store, your buyer can earn Coupons and discounts. You can make use of Etsy Ads or Mails.
- You can share an experience with your buyers through a video. The intent of the video can be a friendly bond with them for so long. Post it on social media.
- You can also write some special posts on friendship day with emotional content, with the redirection link of your store.
- Cross-Sell your products- If your buyer buys a T-shirt you can recommend another at a lesser price so that your buyer and his/her friend can twin.
Everyone remembers a teacher who has helped you to gain knowledge and etiquette with love. A day that is celebrated to mark the love and devotion that our “mentors” gave towards us. We celebrate Teachers day on 5th September every year, with all due respect and honor for them. As you know, teachers are a great source of wisdom and knowledge, so just wishing them won’t be enough.
Help Students Honor Teachers With These Items
The role of a teacher has always been so inspiring and influential in our lives; they deserve a lot. You can add much to your store and let your buyers select from beautiful varieties. Try some new items in your store.
- Bookmarks with Quotes.
- Greeting Cards
- T-shirts with Quotes and loved messages for your Teachers
- Box of memories for your old teacher or a teacher who has a farewell near.
- A good influencing Novel
- Badge of a favorite teacher, or loving teacher
- Customized mugs or Bracelets for bearded teachers, teachers cartoon wearing spectacles, etc.
It’s Time To Market Your Brand
After you have successfully listed Teacher’s day related items in your store, now is the time to Inform your existing buyers and fetch new buyers at your store. Conducting various marketing activities will help you bring more traffic to your store.
- You can put discounts at your stores ten days before Teacher’s Day, where Day 1 will have more deals than the 10th day. The discount percentage with each passing day will be decreased.
- Shoot the mail with turn the spin wheel, and provide your customers with coupons and discounts or an extra gift for their teachers.
- Attach some small POD products along with the order.
- Ask your customers to click their photographs with teachers while gifting them. Share it on social media, tagging your store.
Wondering About Some Events Missing? Here They Are
You must be wondering that the year has some more events; what about them? This year, the events have made good sales, be it Valentine’s Day sale with Customized products sold the most. Women’s Day and Mother’s Day had a good market of customized T-shirts, Jewelry, household products, etc. Most sold items on Earth Day were that are biodegradable and nature friendly. New reactivated Buyers are marked around 16 Million, which made 160 Million total buyers on Etsy.
As per Etsy Officials, proper categorization of listings has increased personalized searches On Etsy by 20%. Your buyers do personalized searches during such events and try to find the unique gift from the category for the occasion. The POD products, household items, jewelry, and biodegradable items were much in demand. The Events that took place may have increased the expectation of your buyers; try to fulfill them from the upcoming events this year.
A Lot More Opportunity Is On Your Way, Find Out What’s Next
The list of Events does not end here; the next set of upcoming events will be joining very shortly. As the festive season will begin from October; You will find even more opportunities to grow your small and medium businesses with Etsy. So stay tuned to know more about Halloween, Cyber Monday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year.
Keep yourself, and your store updated for the occasions, bring more new ideas to flourish your business. Many of you are prospering your business through Etsy Marketplace Integration App in past times. The App has also developed some new features that will help you in easy operations. By this, you will be able to sell on the events smoothly.
The post Events Ahead: What Can Be The Best Marketing Strategy For Your Etsy Store? appeared first on CedCommerce Blog.